Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pray for Me

Greetings, everyone,

A few days ago, my dearest friend on earth asked me to write out specific prayers that I would like her to pray on my behalf.  Provided below is what I gave her.  She suggested also that I pass these on to other people in my life so that, to quote her, “[I] might have many people praying for [me].”  I am so grateful for her desire to pray for me, and I would be most grateful to you if you would pray these things for me, too.  :o)

Peace…

Dave



Father, I bring before You my dear friend and brother, Dave…

May he KNOW that You love Him, and may he experience the presence, power, and meaning of Your Son’s death and resurrection in every aspect of His life.

May he have Your Heart beating within His very own, and may he see and think about things the way You See and Think about them.  Oh that he might feel Your Heart and live from the Deep Places of joy and sorrow that reside Therein, and, oh, too, that he might have the Mind of Your Son and live, serve, and give of Himself wisely and selflessly to all those who need him.

May he, as he has prayed so very often, walk before You in holiness, humility, and purity all the days of his life, and may he, indeed, live a simple, open, and ordinary life inspired by a great love for You and for others and by an insatiable enthusiasm for life and for everything that has life.

May he be a missional conduit of Your loving-kindness, joy, compassion, and equanimity to all those within the realm of his influence and existence.

Use Him, Lord, to extend Your kingdom; use him, also, to hallow Your Name.  Listen, write, and express Who You Are through him, Lord, and enable Him, oh God, to inspire those around him to dream and to pursue their dreams.  May he be used by You to bring physical and living water to those who thirst…wherever they might be.

Place a hedge of thorns around his heart, soul, mind, and body, and please protect him for the attacks and assaults of his enemies.  Rise up, oh God, and defend him.  Come quickly to his aid, and rescue him from the fowler’s snare, for Thou Art his Refuge and Ever-Present Help in times of difficulty and trouble.

May the both of you forever enjoy the times you get to spend together, and may each breath Dave takes be of, for, and all about You.

And, last but not least, oh God…may Dave continue to find in You his greatest pleasure and satisfaction in life, and may the peace and humble joy that arises from such things spill over liberally, gracefully, and unashamedly into me and into all those around Dave who love him so much.

For it is in the blessed and hallowed Name of Jesus that I ask of You these very things,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment