Sunday, September 11, 2011

Seventy Times Seven

It’s been ten years.

I will never forget the images or where I was when I saw what was happening for the first time and then throughout the remainder of that day...

that week...

that month...

that year...

On this the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy I want to put myself at the foot of Jesus’ cross and beg of Him to help me forgive those who did what they did that day and to help me, too, to forgive those who've hurt me personally in my own life.  I wish also to beg of Him (and to receive from Him!) His forgiveness for the evil I’ve done and for the pain I've caused in others.

If 9/11 tells us anything, it’s this:  We are ALL in need of a Savior and of forgiveness, that hope is alive, and that our enemies, despite how things might seem at times, will never triumph.

May God bless our heroes, and may God bless America.



The Cross in "The House of God" at Ground Zero
(Discovered in the Days following the 9/11 Tragedy)


9/11 10th Anniversary Tribute - September 11, 2001...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRYdRse76FM

The Rev. Lyndon Harris, Rector of St. Paul's Chapel in Manhattan on 9/11, Shares Some Reflections on that Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment