Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Chasing Rainbows…for Others"

A friend of mine had a dream about year or so ago…and I was in it.  And so was my cat, Baby Kitty, but I’m not going to talk about her.  Anyway, in my friend’s dream, I was taking pictures of rainbows with an instant camera and then giving the photographs to the people around me.
My friend had no idea what the dream meant.  But I did.
Have you ever had one of those moments where God’s Voice just seems to break through really clearly?  God Speaks to me through dreams; He has for a long time.  This time, though, was the first time He ever Spoke to me through the dream of another.
My friend’s dream is related very much to a question another friend asked me a couple of years ago.  The question he posed was this:  “Dave, what is your dream in life?”  My answer came before I could really even think about it:  “To support others in discovering and pursuing theirs…”
Each of us has a dream…perhaps several of them.  Each dream is like the mythical pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.  The gold is, of course, the dream itself, and the rainbow represents the path that leads us to it.  For each of us, the treasure is a little different, for it represents what is personally “golden” or valuable to us as individuals.  The rainbow, or path that must be followed, is a little different for everyone as well.  In my life, it is my wish—my dream!—to photograph the rainbows of others and then give each person the photographs I just took so that they will have a tangible representation of the path that needs to be taken to find the treasure they are seeking. 
Some observations…
The really cool thing about rainbows is that they have all been created by God to serve as a sign of His everlasting and covenantal love and concern for us as His children. 

Another thing I've discovered about rainbows is when they most often appear in nature.  Usually, they become visible after (or sometimes during) a storm when the sun is just beginning to poke its head out.  Physics teaches us that when the sun’s rays are reflected by moisture in the atmosphere, a spectrum of visible light is created that corresponds to the ROYGBIV scale.  (Do you remember the mnemonic, ROY G. BIV, from science class?  It is a way of remembering the spectrum of light visible to the human eye:  Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.)   But that’s just what physics teaches.  What I'm beginning to see in all of this is that, most often, the path we need to take in our pursuit of our dreams is illuminated by the Light of God’s Love usually toward the end of, or just immediately following, a storm.
Peace out, y’all,
Bling
BTW…if you ever see me just wandering about with a camera of sorts, be not alarmed...most likely, I’m just chasing someone's rainbow.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment