Tuesday, March 1, 2011

“What if…? ”— Part II

From the Last Time…

Are you willing to do such a thing, my friend?

Adam thought for a few moments and then came to a decision.  And it was the only decision for him.  “Yes,” he said, looking up at his Master.  “I love her, God.  More than I love my own soul.  I love her so much that I cannot bear the thought of her being separated from You.  So, yes, I will die in her place.  I will take her penalty.  But please do one thing for me, okay Lord?  Please take good care of her, okay?  And please tell her that I love her, that I have always loved her, and that I will always love her.”

THAT I will, my friend.  You can count on that.  So…are you ready?

“I am.”

And I AM, too, Adam.

And, now, Part II…

Adam looked up to see his Master smiling and reaching out His Hand toward him.  The journey awaits, my dear friend.  Adam extended his hand into God’s, and, with one great pull, he was hoisted up onto God’s Shoulders.  From that vantage point, it seemed, he could see for miles in all directions.  And, with that, they set out for a place that only God knew of...

Eve slept fitfully, dreaming of many disturbing things.  Horrifying things.  At one point, she awoke with a loud scream.  Realizing where she was, she looked and felt for Adam, but he was nowhere to be found.  A moment later, she heard a noise outside the hut, which startled her even further.  “Whose there?!!...Adam?!!”

It is I, Eve.

“Who are you?”

Don’t you know Me?  It is I.  Don’t be afraid.

“But I am afraid,” she said.  She did begin to breathe a little easier, though, as she finally recognized the soothing Voice of the One she had heard Speak to her so many times.  Though she’d never seen Him, He’d spoken with her many times.

What have you done, my daughter?

Eve said nothing.

Have you eaten from the tree I commanded you not to eat from?

“Yes,” she said softly.

Why?

“I thought it would make me better than I am.  The Great Serpent told me many things.  He lied to me, and I believed what he said.”

Lies are his native tongue, my child.  And hatred of you and of Me, his constant companion.  We must go now.

“To where?”

I will show you, but first you must put on the garments I made for you…they are folded at the foot of your resting place.

Eve looked and saw what appeared to be deer skins.  Having never worn such things before, she was not quite sure how to strap them on, but, within a matter of a couple of minutes, she had on what her Father had made for her.  Standing up straight, she noticed that she felt a little better.  These feel good, she thought to herself.

Are you ready?

“Yes, Father, I am.”

I AM, too, Eve.  Come…and walk with Me…

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment