Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How I See the World

I see the world as…
  • A model of efficiency (naturally speaking)
  • A training ground
  • Principally wild and, most likely, impossible to tame
  • Both beautiful and ugly, ordered and chaotic, life-giving and deadly—all at the same time
  • A battleground
  • A place of great potential and possibility
  • A place of love, strength, and comfort as well as pain, isolation, and suffering
  • A place filled with people, all of whom, individually and collectively, experience a deep loneliness together
  • A created, living, breathing organism that is continuously evolving, changing, recycling, and deteriorating (for everything dies)
  • Something from which I came, something of which I am a part, and something to which a part of me will return someday  
  • My current place of residence
  • A place far from home
  • A treasure on loan from God
  • Winnable without destroying it or others
  • A place that will become void again and, under the reign of Jesus, be made new someday 

No comments:

Post a Comment