Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How I Want to Feel...Twenty Years from Now

Sometimes, while swimming in the depths of my dreams, I love to just think about how I would like my life to feel a long, long time from now.  These are two pieces I wrote as I was dreaming of and about the one for whom I wish someday to love and to cherish so completely.  May theses simple thoughts, woven together as they are, become the magnet that draws me ever onward toward the realization of that for which I have longed my entire life.  I hope you enjoy reading these as much as I enjoyed writing (and feeling) them.

In His Grace, Peace, and Love,

Bling 


Beautiful Gratefulness  Love Letters and Expressions 

March 30, 2031...I love being married to my wife.  She is my lover, my friend, my partner, and my soul-mate.  She is God’s great gift to me.  The gratefulness I feel having her in my life far exceeds anything I have ever experienced.  I am so grateful to my Father for her; only He could have fashioned someone so perfectly suited for me.  I feel so honored to have been given this opportunity to love and to give of myself to her...
To this treasure...
To this fragile, yet enduring gift.

To God..."Thank You so very much for my wife, Lord.  I do not know where I would be without her.  Help me, Lord, to love her with the love that comes from You; help me to love her as only You can enable."

To My Love..."So, my dearest of dear friends…THIS is what IT is supposed to be like.  I never knew that what we have was even possible.  I never knew…but I do now!  Words cannot express the gratefulness I feel because of you.  Thank you for being you and who you are and for all that you’ve brought to my life.  I used to love the dream I had of you before we met, but NOW, with you here, I get to love you just as you are, and I get to love you, too, throughout all eternity.
You are My Bride...
My Beautiful Gratefulness."


There Once Was a Dream

There once was a wish…
But it was more than just a wish
There once was a hope…
But it was more than just a hope
Much more
I met you a long, long time ago
In a dream…
In a dream within a whisper
And it came true
You came true
At just the right time
And I will never be the same
--
You are everything I have ever longed for in a best friend, a lover, a companion, a partner, and a wife
I see YOU
And I am blessed
I FEEL blessed
Beyond my own ability to comprehend
How can I convey the depths of love I feel for you?
And feel JUST for you?
Do you know the longings that stir within me when I am with you?
Can you see that I am ruined?
And that I never want to recover?
That I am yours completely?
And that I still long to make you mine?
Once and again, over and over?
Even after all this time?
--
I have begun to dream again, O dearest of my dear friends
And again my dreams are of you
The whispers are there—can you hear them?
Be you, and know that I love you
Grow old with me, okay?
And together we will live out our days, moment by moment, with your hand in mine, and with the Whispers of God’s Dream on our lips and in our hearts
--
Breathe easy, oh most beautiful and dearest of all
For there is no rush
We have all eternity to savor each other and to create the dream we want...
The dream that is our life together
It is all there, and it is all right here, too…right now...in this very moment
The Breath of Heaven is both within and beyond us
Breathe it in, my dearest, for it is the very Breath of the I AM, Who gave us life
Who gave us His Life
Of He, Who gave us love
Who gave us His Love
And the love that creates the "us" that is and becomes you and me
Once and again, over and over
--
There once was a dream…
A dream within a whisper
And it was you
For you came true
At just the right time
And I am different, now...changed
Forever
For my heart became gratefulness...such gratefulness
As it spilled through the tumbling messiness of my dreams
Into the Light of my True North


“In the Deep,” Byrd York
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_FRluQgYpI

No comments:

Post a Comment