Sunday, March 20, 2011

G'Night, Daddy

Note:  This is a collection of prayers that I like to pray through just as I’m turning out the light at night.  It provides a way for me to turn my attention toward my Father, thank Him for the day, and ask Him to watch over me throughout the watches of the night.  Peace.


Our Father, Who Art in Heaven.  Hallowed be Thy Name.  Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread.  And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.  For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever.  Amen.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still and quiet waters; He restoreth my soul.  He guideth my paths in righteousness for His Name’s sake.  And yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.  Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?  When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.  Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.  One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:  that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD, and to seek Him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble, He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.  Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at His tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.

O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  I have seen You in the sanctuary and beheld Your power and Your glory.  Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.  I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your Name I will lift up my hands.  My soul will be satisfied with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise You.  On my bed, I remember You; I think of You through the watches of the night.  Because You are my help, I will sing in the shadow of Your wings.  My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.

By day, the Lord directs His love.  At night, His Song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life.

The Lord grants His beloved rest.

Here I am, Lord, ready to do Your will.
I am and will always be Your servant and friend.
With all my heart, Lord, I want to know You, and I want to be and do all that You ask of me.
May Your will be done in and through me, just as it's already being done in heaven.
Have mercy on me and forgive me, Lord, all my sins.
Cleanse the thoughts of my heart, and wash me in Your Blood.
Lord Jesus Christ, Immanuel, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a redeemed sinner.
Lord Jesus Christ, Immanuel, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a redeemed sinner.
Lord Jesus Christ, Immanuel, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a redeemed sinner.
Lord Jesus Christ, Immanuel, Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world, grant me Your peace.
Lord, I am not worthy to receive You; only speak the Word, and I shall be healed.
Not my will, but Thine.  Into Your Hands I commit my spirit.

Father, I want to walk before You in holiness, humility, and purity all the days of my life.

Dear, Father…
I thank You for the time that You and I got to spend together, today.  As the conclusion of our day is fast approaching, I want to thank You, too, for the peace You bring to my life.  In this moment, Lord, I ask that You stay with me throughout the watches of this night, that You protect me from the attacks and assaults of my enemies, and that You grant me restful sleep and illuminating dreams.  As I sleep, may Your Song be with me, and, when I awake in the morning, may it be to Your loving Arms.  Should I pass before the morning, may I be ushered quickly into Your eternal rest.
In the Name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.

G’Night, Daddy...




No comments:

Post a Comment